Workshop technician is a hands-on role primarily responsible for the manufacture and on-time completion of MineWare products for projects and service & support. Working as part of a team on a production floor and utilizing tooling and information technology to assemble and configure industrial control panels to the highest standards.
This is an entry-level role that will suit someone that has a keen interest in technology and electrical assembly.
- Manufacture and fabrication of all MineWare products ensuring accuracy with high attention to detail throughout the production process.
- Working from electrical schematics, assembly and wiring of control panels and junction enclosures.
- Ensuring quality assurance and compliance of all MineWare products through quality control testing procedures.
- Setup and configuration of all MineWare products utilizing information and technology.
- Preparation and packing of installation hardware for hand-over to project managers.
- Inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications.
- High standards of workmanship and presentation of the product manufactured and associated documentation
- Participation in toolbox safety talks
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Computing skills essential – previous exposure to SAP preferred
- A good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
- Must excel in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Methodical and have an eye for detail
- Forklift License preferred