Our systems provide real-time feedback to the Machine Operator on various performance metrics such as productivity, machine health and guidance. Data is also transferred back to a central database where it is used for long-range analysis and various business reporting features.
Due to our continued growth, we have an open position to join our Machine Algorithms Team in our Brisbane office (Milton).
The Machine Algorithms team focus on delivering real-time solutions to measure various productivity metrics such as payload, cycle times, structural monitoring etc. along with various R&D projects to bring new products to market.
We are looking for high calibre candidates who enjoy working on new and challenging problems in a fast-paced product development environment. The position is focused on candidates up to 5 years of experience but will accommodate more experienced candidates where relevant.
- Develop algorithms and software to solve specific problems/product development needs
- Integrate algorithms into existing MineWare applications
- Manage and maintain an existing product codebase
- Installation, commissioning and updates of MineWare’s applications
- Providing 3rd level support for existing applications
- Interfacing with various types of sensing equipment, including but not limited to: LiDAR scanners, inertial measurement units (IMUs), pressure transducers, strain gauges, RFID tracking, and high-precision GPS devices.
- Generate high quality and testable code that addresses the project requirements
- Provide Level 3 Engineering support
- Generate documentation for commissioning and troubleshooting of new products for handover to our Operations Team.
- Work with the various teams within Mineware to deliver project outcomes from scoping through to deployment and ongoing support.
- Ensure all product development changes are tracked and managed according to MineWare’s continuous integration process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Mechatronics/ Mechanical/Electrical/ Software Engineering background
- Looking for candidates from recent graduate up to 5 years of experience.
- C# and /or C++ programming experience preferable
- Experience working within an Agile environment would be desirable
- Experience with scripting languages desirable (R / Python / MATLAB)
- Interest in any of the following areas would be beneficial: Control Systems, Dynamic modelling, Kalman Filtering, Optimization, Vision Systems, Machine Learning etc.
- The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and is eager to learn.
- Familiarity with mining operations, particularly Draglines, Rope Shovels, Hydraulic Excavators, Wheel Loaders and exposure to technologies used to improve performance of these operations would be highly regarded.