Remote Support Technician
Do you thrive on providing exceptional customer service? Do you have a passion for technology, hardware diagnosis, troubleshooting? Are you continually looking for opportunities for efficiencies through ingenuity, process and documentation?
Due to our continued growth in delivering mine and heavy equipment monitoring technology to the global mining industry, we are seeking a career-driven, motivated individual to join our Service and Support delivery team.
- Providing first and second level support for MineWare products to ITIL or similar framework standard
- Network and hardware troubleshooting
- Understanding technical architecture and components of Mineware products
- Coordination with other remote and field support teams
- Working directly with global project delivery teams
- End to end management of support tickets, ensuring accurate and timely information recorded
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the support framework
5 + years in IT support with experience in:
- Windows Operating Systems and Networking
- User security and rights management
- Windows 7 + and Windows 2008 + server technologies
- Remote support delivery tools
- Understanding Firewall, NAT and Routing rules
- Basic network diagnostics
- Basic Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL
- Support Ticketing (Connectwise desirable)
Ideally you will be experienced in support delivery to international locations as well as the following:
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Leadership skills
- Team Player
- Attention to detail and taking ownership of tasks to completion
- Strong time management skills with ability to balance work priorities
- Calm disciplined approach to conflict situations
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on technology trends
The role may be required to occasionally work after hours and will be part of an on-call roster.
You must be a permanent resident or citizen to apply for this position. Suitable candidates from Johannesburg, Witbank, Pretoria are encouraged to apply.