Product Engineer - Hardware and Platforms
MineWare is a global industry leader providing monitoring systems and services for dragline and shovel operations. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a Product Engineer to join the Hardware and Platforms team based in Milton.
The Product Engineer role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of technologies with large scale mining equipment. The role will provide a unique opportunity to work directly with some of the industries leading manufacturer of mining equipment and associated technologies, as well as large mining clients. Given the global presence, opportunities to travel and work abroad for short periods on projects may exist.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager (Hardware and Platforms), the Product Engineer role will be involved with the design, selection, testing and documentation of commercial off the shelf hardware and software components integral to the operation of MineWare's production monitoring systems, and ensuring they meet the harsh environmental requirements of the mining industry through continuous improvement, failure analysis and environmental testing.
This role will initially be focused on analysing current hardware solutions employed by Mineware and identifying areas for improvement with hardware or methodology. As an understanding of the operating environment and system becomes more informed the role will evolve to have a greater focus on new product selection and the relevant tasks associated with delivering a new solution. On a platforms side the role will involve developing methodologies to deploy Windows 10 IoT based operating systems using tools such as DSC to ensure consistency across all our systems are met.
This role would ideally suit an independently thinking and self-driven candidate looking to advance their career and embrace a diverse range of tasks and working environments with some opportunity to travel for site based activities required on occasion.
Opportunities and challenges:
- Opportunity to work across some of the largest pieces of mining equipment in the world with leading equipment manufacturers.
- Expand skills across both a hardware and software platform.
- Opportunity to travel to mine sites to evaluate solutions created.
- Opportunity to work with global partners.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of mining operations and key product focus areas of Mine Ware's business
- Scope and develop engineering solutions to problems and new features in appropriate and agreed timeframes.
- Work across a diverse range of tasks.
- Research, select and integrate appropriate electrical and mechanical hardware components for MineWare's systems.
- Ensure continual improvements are made within the hardware and platforms domain based on identified issues and feedback from field personnel.
- Create and maintain systems for deploying and maintaining windows based operating systems.
- Design suitable enclosures for electrical and mechanical components that maximise use of available space.
- Engineer suitable solutions for data acquisition with sensors and instrumentation to capture data for MineWare software components.
- Coordinate and participate in installing and commissioning new hardware and software.
- Participate in delivering and executing 3rd level service and support according to MineWare's service and support process.
- Identify and implement improvements in process, documentation and hardware to improve system reliability.
- Record hours worked in MineWare's task management system (ConnectWise)
- Participate in the coordination and collaboration of development tasks with the Product Engineer, Software Development Manager and Product Development Manager.
Education and Experience:
Ideally we are looking for a highly motivated graduate with tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Preferably Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical).
Proven skills in Software development would be advantageous (preferably C++ and C#).
Familiarity with mining operations, particularly ground engaging equipment, and exposure to technologies used to improve performance of these operations would be highly regarded.
5 years industry experience required.