MineWare is a global industry leader providing monitoring systems and services for the mining industry. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a Product Engineer to join our award-winning company andhighly motivated team in Milton.
We utilize the latest hardware technologies installed on mining machines to generate various metrics and machine state tracking. The ideal candidate will have experience with interfacing with various types of sensing equipment including (but not limited to):
- LIDAR point cloud data
- Inertial Measurement Units
- Pressure transducers
- Strain gauges
- RFID Tracking
- High Precision GPS devices
Reporting to the Engineering Manager (Machine Algorithms), the Product Engineer is responsible for the development of algorithms and softwarethat will address specific customer needs and integrate into MineWare's core product suite.
- Develop algorithms and software to solve specific problems / project needs
- Integrate algorithms into existing MineWare applications
- Manage and maintain existing product code base
- Installation, commissioning and updates of MineWare's applications
- Providing 3rd level support for existing applications
- Generate stable and efficient code that addresses the project requirements
- Participate in delivering and executing Level 3 Engineering support.
- Manage commissioning process and associated planning calendar
- Generate relevant documentation for trouble shooting and commissioning processes for handover to the Operations Team.
- Ensure all product development changes are tracked and managed according to MineWare's continuous integration process.
Education and Experience:
- Tertiary qualified Engineer, preferably in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- C++ programming experience
- Experience with scripting languages desirable (R / Python / Matlab) preferable.
- Candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas would be highly regarded:
- Control Systems
- Dynamic modelling
- Kalman Filtering
- Vison Systems for object tracking
- Machine Learning
- Familiarity with mining operations, particularly draglines and cable shovels, and exposure to technologies used to improve performance of these operations would be highly regarded.