Mechatronics/Product Development Engineer
Mineware, a Komatsu company, develops world-leading monitoring and automation systems for ground engagement equipment globally. Due to our continued growth, we have a number of open positions to join our Machine Algorithms team in our Brisbane office (Milton).
We are looking for high calibre candidates who enjoy working on new and challenging problems in a fast-paced product development environment.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with various types of sensing equipment including (but not limited to):
- LIDAR laser scanners
- Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs)
- Pressure transducers
- Strain gauges
- RFID Tracking
- High Precision GPS devices
- Develop algorithms and software to solve specific problems / product development needs
- Integrate algorithms into existing MineWare applications
- Manage and maintain existing product code base
- Installation, commissioning and updates of MineWare's applications
- Providing 3rd level support for existing applications
- Generate high quality and testable code that addresses the project requirements
- Provide Level 3 Engineering support.
- Generate relevant documentation for commissioning and trouble shooting of new products for handover to the Operations Team.
- Ensure all product development changes are tracked and managed according to MineWare's continuous integration process.
Education and Experience:
- Mechatronics/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Software Engineering background
- Looking for candidates from recent graduate up to 10 years of experience
- C# and/ or C++ programming experience preferable
- Experience with scripting languages desirable (R / Python / MATLAB)
- Interest in any of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Control Systems
- Dynamic modelling
- Kalman Filtering
- Vison Systems for object tracking
- Machine Learning
- Ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skill and is eager to learn
- Familiarity with mining operations, particularly draglines and cable shovels, and exposure to technologies used to improve performance of these operations would be highly regarded.