Installation and Service Technician
As a leading mining industry provider of production monitoring solutions for large mobile mining equipment, MineWare is seeking a motivated and skilled Field Service Technician based out of Salt Lake City Utah to provide front line installation and field support services in Utah, Nevada and other locations as required.
MineWare's data centric products are built on the Window OS platform, utilizing off the shelf hardware and open industrial communications protocols to transfer and share live and historical data, internally and with 3rd party system. Using a combination of raw signals from machine interfaces and on board telemetry, MineWare creates a level of machine awareness that allows for pin point accuracy, understanding, and operational excellence.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will assist with the delivery of new system installations and ongoing remote and field support.
Day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist Project Manager with system scope and installation requirements.
- Perform system installations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Complete regular field inspections and system checks.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Assist remote support team with trouble shooting.
- Hardware assembly and configuration.
- Develop strong customer relationships with asset managers.
- Ensure systems remain current and configured for optimal performance.
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures.
- Work in a safe, productive, and responsible manner.
Applicant must be qualified, self-motivated and willing to travel. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to problem solve, trouble shoot, work independently, and as part of a team. Mining industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Sound understanding of electrical circuits and wiring.
- Sound understanding of Windows OS and computing systems.
- Understanding of networking principles.
- Understanding of instrmentation and telemetry.
- Understanding of file system backup processes.
- Hands on skills including power tools, cable terminations, and basic fabrication.
- Commercial, industrial or mining industry experience.
- Microsoft word, excel, outlook.
- Full time.
- Laptop, phone, credit card.
- Per Diem allowance.
- Health insurance.
- Field service vehicle.
- Ability to work from home.
- IRA savings plan with capped matched contributions.
- Supportive team and mentoring from experienced team members
- A global Company with career growth opportunities for those who seek it
Must live in greater Salt Lake City region will also consider Elko Nevada. Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as required. If you want to be part of a close, supportive team, apply today by sending your resume to email@example.com