Business Development Executive
MineWare is an exciting, 11 year old company with a history of growth and innovation. Recognised as a global leader in mining technology systems and services for dragline and shovel operations, requiring an experienced business development executive to drive business growth in new and existing markets.
A unique opportunity
Reporting directly to our Global Sales Director, the successful applicant will identify, qualify and win business development opportunities for MineWare’s systems and services within a specified territory, meeting the agreed annual revenue and gross margin targets. The primary responsibilities for this role will be to expand MineWare’s customer base and upsell new systems and services into existing key accounts.
The successful applicant
An experienced sales professional with strong commercial acumen with the ability to network and foster multi-level customer relationships within mining.
The successful applicant must have a proven track record in business development and previously sold operational technology within the mining industry.
The critical success factors for this role are:
- find and identify new opportunities within new and existing customers
- uncover the key stakeholders within an account and develop multi-level relationships
- understand the corporate and mine site BUSINESS drivers and the expected payback (ROI).
- manage and ensure the success of Authorised Partners within the territory
- maintain a solid pipeline, forecast and close opportunities timeously
- manage proper handover of a sale to the Operations team/ Resellers for deployment
- negotiate new Support Agreements
- research and uncover new mining projects to target
- understand the competitive landscape and how to compete successfully against it
- Would be required to travel up to 50% of the time
- Possess a valid drivers license
Knowledge, skills and experience
Self-motivated, driven and innovative in their approach, the successful candidate will be a good communicator with excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience for this role include:
- 10+ years of proven BDM skills within medium to large accounts (mandatory)
- strong commercial acumen
- excellent understanding of human behaviour, high emotional intelligence with the capacity to thrive under pressure
- the ability to network and foster multi-level customer relationships in complex organisations
- a proven track record in developing solutions to address customer challenges
- the development of ROI business cases relevant to a customer’s business requirements
- a proven track record in developing and presenting wining, proposals and tenders
- good presentation skills and comfortable presenting to small (1-30 people) audiences
A sound understanding of the open cut mining industry, good technical understanding of draglines and shovels and prior management experience of resellers is also desirable. A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Communications, Marketing or Commerce is preferred.
If you meet the above criteria, we would welcome your application.
The successful applicant could be based in either Brisbane or Sydney depending on their current location. To apply please click the button above.